Thursday, December 18, 2008

GRATEFUL

I know it's unfortunate but sometimes, it takes bad things to happen to other people for you to realize how lucky you are. It has been a rough 2 weeks for a few people that I care for very much that it has made me so much more grateful for these 5 things:

1. V and I are faithful to each other despite our spats every now and then.
2. I have wonderful helpers who genuinely care for us, especially for Joaquin.
3. A great relationship with my sisters. We made a promise last week that we would never ever fight over money or something equally petty.
4. My mom is unbelievably healthy! :)
5. My family (especially the ones in the US) still have jobs.

I was chatting with a friend from the US last week and I was saying that despite the financial crisis/recession the world is going through right now, we should remember that we still have a lot of things to be grateful for. Actually, this is something we should remember everyday.

So there-- I still want new running shoes, a laptop and an oven for Christmas and while I wouldn't mind getting all the material things I asked for, these 5 things I listed are more than enough to make my holidays happy. I hope yours will be too!

5 comments:

notsquare said...

Merry Christmas!

Shed a few tears after reading this... so true.

Inuman na?!?! :D

Bunny said...

Game game game!!!

notsquare said...

ok, text text nalang :) been on break since the 15th pero am at New Manila. be back in the village by the 20th onward :)

D@phneL@ur@ said...

I wish you and your family a joyous Christmas and a wonderful New Year =)

Vanessa said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, BUNNY! May 2009 be a year full of good surprises, love, happiness and blessings for you and your family! *hugs*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...