Friday, January 23, 2009

CODING

My car is coding on Fridays but I haven't been a very lawful citizen for the past 2 years. You see, I usually start work at 7:30 and leave the office at 4:30. There are very few MMDA on my way home so I usually get away with it.

But on my way home last Friday, I finally got caught. I knew I should have taken South Super Highway instead because when I got to the corner of the service road, there was a man clad in blue waving his arm at me. SO BUSTED.

Now normally, I would argue my way out of the situation and try to use my new last name as a free pass but I was way too exhausted from work so when he told me he was going to issue me a ticket, I didn't complain. He then asked me if it was my first offense and I told him it was (it really is). So he gives me a ticket, tells me that he won't confiscate my license but I needed to pay the Php300 fine at any Metrobank branch (paid for it yesterday).

I left home extra early this morning and I was in Pasong Tamo extension (location of my office) at around 6:45. Since I was early, I decided to hang out at the Starbucks a few buildings away from my office.

At around 7:20, I left Starbucks and as soon as I got out of the parking lot, a group of Makati police/traffic enforcerS started waving their arms at me, asking me to pull over.

"Oh not again!", I said out loud. And not the yellow-uniformed Makati police! These guys are ruthless!

As soon as I opened my window, the traffic enforcer greeted me a good morning and I flashed him an extra nice smile.

"Ma'm, coding po kayo. Bakit pa kayo nasa kalsada?"

"Boss, before 7 andito na ako. Diyan lang kasi office ko sa [name of my office building], eh ang aga ko po kasi dumating kaya nag-Starbucks muna ako."

"Ma'm naman, nag-aalmusal kasi kayo, hindi kayo nagyayaya..."

(At this point, I knew he would let me go)

"Boss, maaga po talaga ako. Kahit itanong niyo pa dun sa Starbucks. Diyan lang kasi talaga building ko kaya nag-kape muna ako."

"Oo na nga, naniniwala na nga ako. Hindi ko na kukunin lisensya mo. Sige na, pumasok na po kayo."

"Thank you poooo!!!" (flashes him a super smile)

WHEWWWW!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

props to mamang pulis #2! :)

notsquare said...

I'm really happy to know that you didn't pay / dont pay kotong!!! :)

happy weekend!

knjfblwmmf said...

wowowee!! :D

pulis #1 - there are still police officers like him?!

pulis #2 - woooah. wooah woaaahh!

:)

HeartBreaker said...

hahaha...kwela ng experience mo.

Anonymous said...

with bated breath.....then sigh of relief....juice koh! buti na lang...

i was going to say id give him a grande latte, but extra pogi points would be best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...