Friday, February 21, 2014

DATE #1: SERIES OF 2014

I'm not the type of person who makes resolutions every year. Mainly because, I think that deciding to change something in your life whether it's quitting a vice, living healthier or cutting off communication with someone who does no good in your life can be done anytime throughout the year.

But as the clock struck 12 on the 1st of January, I found myself making a resolution to start dating again.  There were no candidates but what the heck, I have enjoyed being single for the past 2 years and although I still don't know how I'll ever find time for date night (work has been eating up a lot of my time), I felt I needed to get back my ass back in the game.

I met this guy at a party next to my friend's house last month.  It wasn't even a party I was invited to but because my friend's neighbor found us drinking outside my friend's house, we suddenly got invited.

I was in a deep conversation with my friend when I felt someone staring at me, so I looked up and there he was. "Good evening!", I said.  He said, "Hi".  We were introduced, turns out he's the celebrant's brother.  He ended up hanging out with me and my friend the entire evening.  Found out that he's 38, been separated for 3 years and that he has 4 kids (he got married at 22!).

After 1 too many beers (6 to be exact), he asked for my number, which I gave and on my way home that night, he called.  He apologized for staring at me, he said he knew I caught him. The reason being that it wasn't the first time he saw me.  He said he brought his brother home sometime last year and that he saw me outside my friend's house and he wanted to ask his sister-in-law for my name but was too shy to do so because I didn't look like I lived next door.  He said that when he saw me, he said to himself "It's her. I have to talk to her tonight."  And that explains why he was staring.

We went out for drinks the night after.  An hour into the date, I knew there wouldn't be a second date although he ended the night asking me if there was going to be another one.  To which I replied, "We'll see.".

I just didn't find him interesting enough.  He described himself as simple and average and I remember wondering why anyone would consider themselves simple and average.  I don't know about you but average spells B-O-R-I-N-G.  He's not into any sport and when he talked about his job, he said something negative about his boss which gave me the impression that he wasn't very happy with it and to think that he has been in that industry for 9 years (he works for a car dealership). He doesn't travel, doesn't read books, doesn't even like trying out new restaurants. I honestly don't know what he's passionate about.

Plus, we were the same height lang---and I was wearing flats!

This guy texted and called me incessantly for the next 2 weeks.  I would get 3-4 messages from him throughout the day and I would reply only once.  I thought he would take the hint.  After all, he was taking so many rainchecks from me.  And then one night, he sent me a rather lengthy message detailing everything he missed about me--my smile, my face, the way I talk, etc. 

Shivers. (Not the good kind)

I didn't reply but 3 days later, I felt like a bitch for not even acknowledging his text so I sent him an SMS saying that his last couple of messages were sweet but I just didn't think we had common interests so I didn't think anything beyond friendship would work.  And that I hoped we could still hang out and that he should keep in touch.

He replied with 3 lengthy messages.  I'll give you the gist--he explained that it was too soon for me to decide that we had no shared interests and shouldn't we at least try first before I shut him down?

It's been close to 3 weeks and I still haven't replied.

Sigh.

Next boy, please.








2 comments:

notsquare said...

purely based on this post, parang there are 2 other red flags with this dude so i agree na no need for another date.

should I look for dates for you ba?

Bunny said...

Notsquare: yes! Haha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...