Monday, April 14, 2014

MT. PICO DE LORO, TAKE 2!

 
 
 

 


 
 

Before Joaquin came along, I climbed. A lot (much to my Mother's chagrin who was always worried I would fall off a mountain or get raped by an NPA). A year after I gave birth, I wanted to start climbing again but I wasn't ready to leave my son for a night. 
 
 
I climbed Mt. Pico de Loro in 2004 and I finally got to conquer it again last Wednesday. My new friend, E, who I just met a week before the climb (but I've been out with twice prior to the climb--just in case you guys were wondering) convinced me to go with him and I'm so happy I did!
 
He estimated that we would get to the summit in 3 hours but we made it in 2! So proud of me!
 
It was just a day hike.  We spent 2 hours in the summit just talking and eating our take out from Jollibee (the best and most hard-earned Chicken Joy I have ever had).
 
                                
                            

                                            


My body was exhausted but my heart was smiling the entire time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Winnuuuuur!!!

Wala pang success stories mga friends ko, haha!

Bunny said...

bluearden: Ssssshhh! Hahahaha! :D :D :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...