Wednesday, April 25, 2012

As you grow older, finding someone you just connect with is exponentially more difficult.

Really.


You see, there is a guy. I find him cute gwapo. Like boy-band-gwapo. And whenever I look at him, I'm so physically attracted to him, I just want to grab him and give him a kiss!

He called me and asked me out on a second date 15 minutes after our first date.

He's nice, too nice in fact, and he has made it pretty clear that he likes me. He's already given me a nickname (not going to say) and he calls, texts, chats with me online pretty much everyday.

Seems great, right?

BUT.

I guess I just don't find him that intellectually stimulating, which is probably why I've been turning him down aka taking rain checks for the past 2 weeks. Don't get me wrong, he's not dumb and he can make me laugh but I dunno, it's just not what I'm looking for.

I'm a person who thrives on conversation and while this guy makes sense, I just don't see myself spending an entire day just talking to him or just enjoying comfortable silence.  He called me the other night and after 20 minutes on the phone-- *crickets*-- there was nothing to talk about anymore and it was a tad awkward.

A part of me wants to keep him (gwapo kasi eh. hahaha!) and another part of me wants to nip it in the bud. Some of my friends say that maybe I shouldn't shut him down so early on and give him a chance. That maybe I just need to get to know him more. Some say that maybe my recent heartbreak is causing me to become a little pessimistic.

Haaay. Pwedeng bang pakurot or pa-kiss na lang? :D 





1 comment:

admin said...

I say don't continue any romantic whatever with this guy. Keep him as a friend... we all need eye candy! But nothing will last long-term if he can't turn you on intellectually. Think of it - when you're both old and wrinkly and he's not cute anymore, it's conversation that will keep your relationship alive.

There has to be a healthy balance of both. Don't compromise.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...