Monday, January 28, 2013

Today someone asked me why I'm running a 21k if I'm so scared.  Thing is, that's exactly why I'm doing it.  If I conquer the fear, I conquer myself.  The operative word here is If

6 more days.

For the past month, I have been running 4-5 times a week. My plan was to do a 15k or 2-hour run (whichever comes first) yesterday but I woke up at 5am with very sore calves (most likely from running Friday and Saturday) and I just had to listen to my body so I went back to bed. I will try to do that 15k early tomorrow morning and have a go at a 10k on Wednesday. Then it's rest till race day.  Hopefully, my muscle memory is better than my actual memory (which is pretty good, too).

Aside from having a clear picture of the finish line, I have also been listening to my running playlist everyday.  Here are some of  my favorites:

Titanium- David Guetta feat. Sia
Save the World- Swedish House Mafia
Don't you Worry Child- Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin
More- Usher
What a Feeling- Alex Gaudino feat. Kelly Rowland
Sweet Dreams- Eurythmics (Steve Angello remix)
U + Ur Hand- Pink
Stronger- Kelly Clarkson
Mr. Know It All- Kelly Clarkson
Anything Can Happen- Ellie Goulding
Lights- Ellie Goulding
Sweat- Snoop Dogg vs. David Guetta
I wanna go- Britney Spears
Scream and Shout- Will.I.Am feat. Britney Spears
Fader- The Temper Trap
Love Lost- The Temper Trap
Don't Stop the Party- Pitbull feat. TJR
Va Va Voom- Nicki Minaj
Put Your Hands Up- Kylie Minogue
Hummingbird Heartbeat- Katy Perry
Beauty and a Beat- Justin Bieber feat. Nicki Minaj
Locked out of Heaven- Bruno Mars
Some Nights- Fun
We R Who We R- Ke$ha
Shake It- Metro Station
We are Never Ever Getting Back Together- Taylor Swift
I Knew You Were Trouble- Taylor Swift

Have a kickin' week, everyone! :)

"In most cases, learning something essential in life requires physical pain."
--Haruku Murakami, What I Talk About When I Talk About Running

1 comment:

myleen said...

asan ang eye of the tiger, bunny?

hehe

good luck!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...