Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"AND SO THE LION FELL IN LOVE WITH THE LAMB..."


I just finished reading Twilight by Stephenie Meyer last night (Big thanks to Charo for recommending insisting that I read the book)

It's about a human (Bella Swan) who falls inlove with a vampire (Edward Cullen.

I loved every bit of it. Loved it so much I finished reading it in 2 days. Loved it so much that I didn't watch any TV or answer any of my crossword puzzles. I. could. not. put. it. down. Really.

Loved it so much that I can't wait to run to the bookstore and get New Moon and Eclipse (Not reading the last book, Breaking Dawn because it's really disappointing according to the reviews).

Sharing with you some of my favorite quotes from the book:

"You are exactly my brand of heroin." – Edward Cullen

"I said it would be better if we weren’t friends, not that I didn’t want to be." - Edward Cullen

"Even more, I had never meant to love him. One thing I truly knew - knew it in the pit of my stomach, in the center of my bones, knew it from the crown of my head to the soles of my feet, knew it deep in my empty chest - was how love gave someone the power to break you. I'd been broken beyond repair." - Bella Swan

"Your number was up the first time I met you." - Edward Cullen

"I should be afraid — I knew I should be, but I couldn’t feel the right kind of fear." - Bella Swan

"About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was part of him — and I didn’t know how potent that part might be — that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him." - Bella Swan

"Do you truly believe that you care more for me than I do for you?" - Edward Cullen

"I was afraid… because, for, well, obvious reasons, I can’t stay with you. And I’m afraid that I’d like to stay with you, much more than I should." - Bella Swan

"It’s not only your company I crave! Never forget that. Never forget I am more dangerous to you than I am to anyone else." - Edward Cullen

"Bella, I couldn’t live with myself if I ever hurt you. You don’t know how it’s tortured me. The thought of you, still, white, cold… to never see you blush scarlet again, to never see that flash of intuition in your eyes when you see through my pretenses… it would be unendurable. You are the most important thing to me now. The most important thing to me ever." - Edward Cullen

"You already know how I feel, of course. I’m here… which, roughly translated, means I would rather die than stay away from you." - Bella Swan

"Yeah, it’s an off day when I don’t get somebody telling me how edible I smell." - Bella Swan

"I may not be a human, but I am a man." - Edward Cullen

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok. Ok. You've convinced me! :D ;) :p

gemma said...

hmn...ok now i'm intrigued...

"I would rather die than stay away from you"

siyet!

d3nd3n said...

my friend kept raving about this book too.

ian said...

kilig. hahhaa. but is the vampire aspect of it dark and seductive? i love vampire books / movies. how is it compared to the vampire chronicles? hhmmm... i'll check it out nga. sana lang may sony prs-505 book reader na ko. hahaha

Cat said...

Bunnnnnnyyyy!!! I went back to blogging! I'm updating my blogroll and what a surprise to find out that you blogged about Twilight! It's my favorite series (among other series as well!)

Before buying Breaking Dawn, I read the spoilers and reviews and was dismayed by them. However, I gave it a chance and it's not THAT bad at all. Some fans are just too hard core and were disappointed it didn't go the way they wanted it to be that's why they gave it bad reviews. Admittedly, there were lots of WTF and WTH moments but I felt they were necessary. I think you should give it a chance.

Incidentally, the rough draft of chapter 1 of Midnight Sun, which is the retelling of Twilight from Edward's perspective is up on www.stepheniemeyer.com. It's soooo good! I'm anticipating it more than I did with Breaking Dawn. Check out www.twilightlexicon.com for details about The Twilight Saga where Stephenie Meyer answered questions of the fans. It's got a lot of background info that's not really found in the book. :)

Anonymous said...

oh, wow, buns, you're also into the twilight. caroline just finished the last installment. she's not sure if she wants to see the movie.

Cecil said...

love the book. even the last one. i actually liked the last one.

it certainly brought closure. just the way i like it. =)

hi bunny, long time no read! i put up a new blog, too.

like you, i couldn't delete the old one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...