Monday, May 21, 2012

LULU'S (and LILA's) NINANG

I'm one of those people who take being a godmother seriously. As much as I can, I take an active role in my godchildren's life and try to spend as much time with them.  

This is also why I chose Joaquin's godparents carefully.  I chose people whose values and character I admire and people who I would like my son to look up to.

One of my childhood friends (and very good friend), Mia, recently gave birth to her second daughter.  I stopped by their place Saturday morning to get something from her twin sister, Lia.  As soon as I entered their home, I looked for Lulu (the new baby) and I found Mia carrying her.

Mia: Bunny, will you be Lulu's Ninang?
Me: *squealing* Of coursseeee! I think I'm going to cry.
Lia: You think you're going to cry? Wait till you hear why she wants to make you Ninang.
Mia: Because I think you're a good mom and I know that if anything happens to my daughters, you will love them as your own.  And don't worry, I'm insured! Hahaha!

I was seriously close to tears.  It was the nicest way anyone has ever asked me to be their child's godmother.

Mia's eldest, 3-year-old Lila, heard our conversation and dramatically ran out of the room.  Mia followed her and after a few minutes, she came back to me and explained that Lila asked why I get to be Lulu's Ninang. Apparently, Lila wants me as a ninang too.

I saw Lila peeking by the bedroom door so I called her and said "Come here na, I'm also your ninang!"

Love love love that I gained 2 goddaughters! (1 unofficial, haha!)

Lovely Lulu 

This is Lila with Lulu, when she was only a few days old





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...