Monday, March 4, 2013

RECIPE: DARK CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

This may sound silly but when I became a mother, I wanted my home to always have homemade goodies available for my kids.

And since I purchased an oven last December, I have somehow been able to live that dream.

2 weeks ago, Joaquin and I made butterscotch brownies.  When I got home Friday night, there was only one bar left.

I have a few dark chocolate bars at home which I, for some reason, don't feel like eating anymore so I chopped them up and decided to bake some dark chocolate chip cookies.  This is, by far, the best choco chip cookie recipe I've tried.

DARK CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Recipe from Apple A Day
Makes approximately 3 dozens


Ingredients: 
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened 
3/4 c. brown sugar 
1/4 c. granulated sugar 
1 egg 
2 tsp. vanilla extract 
2 c. all purpose flour 
2 tsp. cornstarch 
1 tsp. baking soda 
1/2 tsp. salt 
1 c. dark chocolate chunks

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.  Using a mixer, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
3.  Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
4.  Drop dough (by the tablespoon) onto a prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. 

P.S.
As of this writing, the cookies are all gone.  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...