Thursday, May 16, 2013

COLOR DASH 5K

It was sometime last week when I saw a deal on Ensogo for the Color Dash run.  They slashed 50% off from the Php650 registration fee.  So I sent a message to my village friends asking them if they wanted to join and I ended up buying 9 vouchers for us.

We were all pretty psyched because the Color Dash is similar to India's Holi Festival, where you are showered with colored powder.  How it's supposed to work is, you get sprayed/showered/doused with different colors in each kilometer.

That was not the case with this run.  They had 2 buckets filled with powder at each stop (not even each kilometer) and you have to get your own powder, unless you want to rely on the couple of manongs manning the stop to rub the powder on your back. So disappointing. We felt terrible for those who paid the full amount for the run.

As with life, when a letdown sets in, you just need to make the most out of the situation.  And that was what my friends and I did. Despite the poorly-organized race, we had loads of fun!

This was how excited we were for the run.


We made tutus!
And yes, even our guy friend had to wear one

I also got to run with my sister, Marby. Last time we ran together was 2009!
Color me bad

                                             
And did I mention that it rained towards the end of the run, which washed away what little color we had. Boo!

Team Tutu, fight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

grabe ang payat mo na!

Bunny said...

grabe, salamat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...