Wednesday, May 29, 2013

THE OFFER

Oh God, oh God, oh God.

I'm in a bit of a bind.  A good one. But still, a bind.

Last week, a friend of mine called me and told me about a job opening in a new subsidiary of one of the Top 10 5 corporations in the Philippines and she said, "E-mail me your resume now. No ifs, not buts."

And just for the heck of it, I did.

A few hours later, they called and scheduled an interview between me and the daughter of the CEO.

And the interview went really great.  So great that I was assured they were making an offer.

To tell you the absolute truth, prior to the job interview, I didn't have plans of leaving my current employer.  I just wanted to shop around, see how much I was worth.

Apparently, I am worth more.  I received a call from their HR person a couple of nights ago and she discussed the offer with me and while I was not astounded, it was still an offer I will not refuse.

Normal 9-6, Monday to Friday schedule, exciting product, super stable company, wonderful allowances. The only setback is the office is in Pasig but I have a gas allowance which will more than make up for it.

I don't know how to tell my boss.  I'm scared of what she will say, what she will think.

Please pray it all goes well.

1 comment:

admin said...

Congratulations! You DO deserve much more & this is the Universe's way of telling you so. It's always scary to get out of your comfort zone but you can't move forward if you don't leave something behind :) Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...