Saturday, May 8, 2010

The secret to getting 5 hours of sleep

I can't remember the last time I slept for 5 hours straight. Since the start of the year, I've been taking 2-3 naps a day.

On a normal weekday, my sleeping schedule is:

6am-8am (or whatever time Joaquin wakes up)
10am-12nn (in time for lunch with Joaquin)
2pm-4pm

 

You'd think I'd get enough sleep on weekends, but no. My body clock is so used to being awake at night that even if Joaquin and I sleep at 9pm, I still wake up between 11pm-12mn and I stay up till 5am (so if you're in the village and you wanna stop by and hang out at an ungodly hour, feel free to holler. Hehe!). Huhuhu!

At around 6:30am yesterday, I couldn't sleep. Joaquin was already awake and he was eating breakfast downstairs and I was still tossing and turning in bed. I just could not sleep.

So I decided to go for a run.

I ran for half an hour. It was hot but the sweat felt really good. I binged on persian food the night before and I had to burn all the calories from the kebabs, baba ganoush and ox-brain. When I got home, I showered and watched some TV with Joaquin. I dozed off at 8am.

I woke up to the sound of Joaquin and his yaya arguing. Joaquin wanted to watch more TV and Ate Edith wanted him to go to bed.

"Anong oras na ba, Edith?"

"Ala-una na po, Ate"


It was 1pm. I slept for 5 hours!

Hallelujah! :)

2 comments:

notsquare said...

oh dear, your sleeping pattern and lack of sleeping hours is not good for your body ha (your immune system)

hope you find a way to fix that. you should sleep at least 6hrs straight each "night" eh.

wends said...

hi buns.. i think that's a sign of getting older haha.. i've started to sleep less.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...