Monday, September 26, 2011

SAVED.

Kids are kids.  But sometimes, they manage to say really surprising things--things that may seem prophetic or philosophical.  Sometimes, they will make comments that seem to go beyond their scope of knowledge or understanding. Maybe it's because they see the world differently or maybe they understand a lot more than we give them credit for.

Yesterday afternoon, while helping Joaquin dress up after his bath:

Me: What did you today, Babe?
Joaquin: I eat fried rice and siomai.
Me: And who did you eat with? (In case you're wondering, asking questions and having him answer them is something I like to do to help him tell stories in detail)
Joaquin: Mama and Tito J.
Me: Good job!

While I was helping him put on his shirt,

Joaquin: I like Tito J.
Me: Why do you like Tito J?
Joaquin: Because he save you.
Me: What?
Joaquin: Because he save you.
Me: Again, Joaquin-- why do you like Tito J?
Joaquin: Because he save you.

I froze.  I was so stunned. And I have to admit, a little freaked out.

Where did that come from?  Save me?! First of all, why on earth would my son think that I needed saving?  (Hindi pwede masira ang SuperMom image ko! I am no damsel in distress, excuuusseee mee! Hehe!) And how can he say that J saved me?

And so here goes:

My dearest Joaquin--if there is anyone in this world who has saved me, it is YOU.  Nothing will ever come close to the fulfillment I felt the first time I held you. You have saved me from being complacent with my life. My major decisions are now based on what I think you would think. I want to be the best person possible for you.  My fervent prayer is that you grow up happy and that you'll be proud of me as I am of you.

And to J, you're the best thing that happened to me this year since Joaquin. I will always be grateful to you for saving me from disbelief.  I had confined myself to the fact that it would never happen again and I was fine with it.  Thank you again, for proving me wrong.  You will always rock my world :)

They carry my ♥



"Here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
I carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)"-- E.E. Cummings




2 comments:

admin said...

awwwwwwww... *tear* *sniff* *sniff* :)

notsquare said...

kinilabutan ako sa answer niya. "he save you"

he really must feel your emotions. from being scared to being sure and confident.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...