Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 04: A song that makes you sad



If you guys know me or have been following my blog since Spunky Daisy, then you guys know how much I love my Papa.

If you really know me, you would know that I have never really gotten over his demise. To this day, I often find myself wishing he was still here. There are questions, situations and problems that I know only Papa can help me with. And I always always wish he was alive to see his grandsons.  He would have been awesome with them.  He would spoil them rotten. He would take them on roadtrips. Gabe and Joaquin would make him so so happy.

Sigh.

I miss my dad. Way too much.

I miss exchanging stories and chismis with him.

I miss our midnight dates at hole-in-the-wall places in Malate or China Town.

Savory chicken isn't the same without him.

I miss the way we fight over my "The Best of The Doors" CD. He claims it's his. It's really not.

I miss hearing him laugh. I even miss hearing him curse.

His hugs--I miss how they've always made me feel like no one could ever harm me. I could really use one right now.

I don't know what I would give to just see him one more time. To just hear him call me "Anak".

And yes, I miss dancing with him. He was quite a dancer.  One of these days, I will scan and post the picture of me and Papa dancing around the house.

For now, this song will do. (Grabe, super naiyak naman ako while writing this entry)

"Every night I fall asleep
And this is all I ever dream"


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...