Tuesday, August 9, 2011

DAY 1: Your Favorite Song



First off, U2 is an awesome awesome band! I have nothing but huge love and respect for them.

"Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" is my ultimate favorite song because it hits very close to home.

Being the eldest in the family, I was taught at an early age to be responsible for my sisters. This meant that I also had to teach myself to be independent and to rely on no one else but myself. I have put up a front so strong that I find it very difficult to cry in front of other people because I am terrified that it will show weakness.

Don't get me wrong, I feel that this did me more good than bad as I grew older. However, there have been a gazillion moments in my life when I wish someone would take time out to ask me if I was okay. I love how people in my life would always say "Youre a strong girl, you'll cope." whenever I'm faced with conundrums. I love that they have so much faith in me and that alone is already enough motivation for me to make actually make it through whatever crap it is I'm dealing with.

Encouragement never hurt anyone but REALLY, honestly-- sometimes, all I need is someone to give me a hard whack on the head and tell me that there's no way they're allowing me to go at it alone.

And that is why I am so inlove with this song. Because in some parallel universe, someone is singing this song for me.

It's all wishful thinking, it really is.

"Sometimes you can't make it
The best you can do is to fake it
Sometimes you can't make it on your own"
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...