Tuesday, August 23, 2011

TODAY

It's not even noon.

But a big realization hit me today.

It's like that quote I read somewhere about not being able to lose something that really belongs to you.

Today, the universe has shown me that it can happen. Apparently, the rumors are true.

Even if it took the world 7 years.

Did the universe just pull an Alchemist on me? I don't know for sure. But I'm definitely thanking my lucky stars.

I came thisclose to accepting that it would never happen to me again. Not anymore. I'm tired.

And while the past months have kept me smiling, it has also left me unassuming and admittedly, a little pessimistic. Nothing true can ever be this good. And even if it was real, the risk was just too much to take.

Today, I was proven wrong.

And for someone who hates being wrong, today, I am nothing but grateful.

Thank you for an incredible friendship that has blossomed into something more beautiful.

Thank you for taking a leap of faith.

Thank you for taking it with me.

Today, I discovered that the cliche is true-- if it's meant to happen, it will happen.

Stay hopeful, kiddos.

It could happen to you too.

And it's not even noon.









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...