Friday, April 26, 2013

FULL MONTY: THE MUSICAL

And just like that, it's Friday.

I've been meaning to write about Full Monty since I saw it Sunday night with Charo, Kookie and Bea, but work and other personal matters got in the way.

Like I always say, better late than never.

The film is on my list of favorite movies so when my cousin told me they were doing a musical, there was no doubt in my head that I was going to watch.  Even after I found out that Mark Bautista was playing the lead, I still wanted to see it.

Did I enjoy it? I sooo did.  Here are my yays and nays:

YAY! :)
1. They actually did the full monty.
2. They actually did the full monty.
3. They actually did the full monty.
4. It was very entertaining and I found myself throwing my head back laughing.
5. OJ Mariano's acting skills and his sweet, tender voice
6. Nino Alejandro's voice
7. I loved the assisted suicide song, "A Big Ass Rock". (This was also the only song throughout the musical that stuck with me)
8. Ima Castro's strong vocals
9. Jamie Wilson was effortless.

NAY :(
1. Mark Bautista's line execution.
2. Mark Bautista's voice.
3. Ciara Sotto's diction. El terrible!
4. Sitti Navarro's bland performance.
5. Arnell Ignacio
6. Marco Sison

Despite the flaws, I still recommend that you see it--not just for the bare-it-all finale but also because a few parts are just hilarious and poignant and has a lot of heart.  Go watch it with your girlriends and/or gay friends.  It's going to be a blast, I promise.



Full Monty runs till May 4.  If you want tickets to this Saturday's show, please text Ianne at 0917-8617978. You can also call Atlantis Production at 892-7078 or Ticketworld at 891-9999.

1 comment:

notsquare said...

agree with everything!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...