Tuesday, April 16, 2013

HOW MY 34TH BIRTHDAY WENT DOWN

I turned 34 yesterday and as far as birthdays go, yesterday was just wonderful.

A few hours before midnight, my friends took me to Rue Bourbon so I could fulfill my craving for their caramel beer in a big ass mug.

It was a little close to midnight and I had finished more than half of my beer when my friends started chanting "Birthday shot! Birthday shot!". I declined and said that the beer was more than enough but they insisted.  A few minutes later, the clock struck 12 and the waitress came out with 4 glasses, 1 was filled with a blue concoction and the other was half-filled with something that smelled like tequila (later on, I found out it was Bacardi 151).  After giving me a straw, she put one glass on top of another until it looked like a tower, poured the Bacardi from the top and lit it.  While the whole thing was aflame, she started sprinkling the flames with ground cinnamon which made the tower spark.  It was mesmerizing.  And then she said, "Game Ma'm! Drink!", and so I did.

It didn't taste as bad as it looked.  (I don't like drinking anything blue. Yes, even gatorade.)


Rue Bourbon's Flaming Lamborghini: Not for the faint of liver


I knew my boss was going to bake me a cake, but I didn't know it was going to be this cute.  It was also sooo good, my sister has asked me to ask my boss for the recipe.  My boss also gave me a pair of running shorts that she hopes I would wear when I have the confidence to run in only my sports bra. Haha!



My sister, my friend and the kids (Joaquin, my nephew Gabe and my friend's son, Xavi)  picked me up at work for early dinner at Parmigiano in Newport.

Me: What's your gift for Ninang?
Gabe: My love.


Before bed last night, my little boy embraced me and sang "Happy Birthday" in my ear.  And I embraced him and prayed that God gives me more and more years to be with my son.

P.S.
Thanks for all the greetings on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday mam!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...