Thursday, April 11, 2013

THE GIFT THAT GIVES

Maybe I say this too often but I can't seem to say it enough:  I am so blessed to be surrounded by people who have good hearts.

I wasn't able to write about this but last November, Joaquin had a small birthday party at an orphanage inside our village.  Since December was coming, I decided to ask each of the kids what they wanted for Christmas.  I sent the list to my family, co-workers and friends (online and offline) via facebook and email, and in less than a week, each kid had a "Santa". On top of that, diapers, milk and rice donations started pouring in.

On the day of the Christmas Party I prepared for the kids of St. Mary's Home, this was how the back of my car looked like. And this sight made me cry buckets. So much love packed at the back of my car.


A few weeks ago, I was having a conversation with a good friend who is based in Singapore.  Our birthdays are just a couple of days apart and she wanted to know what my plans were and if I could help her donate a chunk of her birthday money to St. Mary's Home. Why of course! Told her that I could also organize a small birthday party for the both of us with the kids. I mentioned that I would also like to help a Home for the Elderly and she agreed.

I sent her a message today to tell her that I already spoke to the nun in charge of the home for the aged and that she asked me to call her back tonight.  My friend replies and says that she wired the birthday money to my account.

She sent me 20 freaking thousand pesos. 

This was how our chat conversation went:

Me: ANG LAKI!
Friend: haha sakto lang yan, may nareceive din kasi akong bonus
Me: aaww, napressure ako sayo! Hahaha!
Friend: Ano ka ba, mas mahirap gagawin mo. Ako nagbigay lang. Ikaw magaayos.
Me: Mahirap ba mag-shopping at mag-party? HINDI ATA!
Friend: Mahirap saakin yan!
Me: Tag team talaga tayo forever!

God is good, life is good.  It's going to be a great birthday.

This is Matthew, one of the kids of St. Mary's Home. I can't wait to see him and the others again!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...