Tuesday, October 18, 2011

ANGEL BRIGADE

At around 1pm last Sunday, I found myself at home with nothing to do. I was browsing through facebook when I came across my one of my pakners, Charo's status inviting volunteers to help pack relief goods for typhoon victims. I had absolutely nothing planned for the day so I thought I might as well be useful.

Dragged my buddy, JM to come with me and an hour later, we found ourselves at the Frank Provost building along Jupiter.

Charo was already there when we arrived.  There were probably 6 or 8 people working.  As soon as we got there, they taught us what to pack and how to pack it and  we were off to work. A few minutes later, 4 more people (including a pretty little girl) arrived. We were able to pack 700 bags in 3 hours! Aweesssoommee!

It was a rush! It was a different kind of high that I haven't felt in a looong time.  And I'm sooo doing it again.

And I hope you guys help out too. It will only take 3-4 hours of your time. And the euphoria you will feel after doing it is amazing.

It's a great workout as well.  You'll be lifting and doing cardio and helping at the same time. Now, isn't that just grand?

Here are our pictures with Angel Brigade's lucky bag! This bag was donated during Ondoy and eversince it arrived, donations just came pouring in.

Storage area


Production area

That's my friend, JM, pretending that he feels weird about holding a shiny shimmering handbag. Hahaha!


 
Join Angel Brigade! They really need more volunteers!

Angel Brigade
2/f Franck Provost Building
120 Jupiter Street
Makati

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...