Tuesday, October 11, 2011

zZz...

I've been sleepy since Sunday. I don't think my body has recuperated from Friday.

I woke up at 5am last Friday and was in the office just before 7.  My car was coding so earlier that day, I had already decided to stay in the office till 7pm.  I had work to finish anyway. My original plan was to head home at 7pm, have dinner with Joaquin, rest, then go back to the office at midnight to get some of my co-workers before heading to Sucat to go to the wake of our co-worker's Mom.

But later that day, I got an invite from my boss to watch Lisa Macuja's farewell performance of Swan Lake with her college friends and I agreed to go.  Regret it, I did not! She was amazing!  I can't believe she's 47!  The ballet ended at 10:30 (by this time, super antok na talaga ako), then we had dinner at a Korean restaurant where my boss' friend made us try this:

Yook Hwe (Image Source: Winkypedia)
Yes, it's shredded raw beef.  Very much like Steak Tartare, Korean style.  The one we had was served exactly like this with a siding of sliced singkamas. I was super apprehensive about eating it. Hello, may blood pa! But I LOVED IT!!! Sarap sarap sarap saraaap! I wouldn't have it as a meal though. It's something I would share with friends.

After our late dinner, Boss and I headed back to the office to meet our co-workers. I was supposed to bring my car but my boss insisted we just take hers.  It was raining really hard. We stayed at the wake till 3am and got back to the office at 5am. Now you're probably wondering why it took us 2 hours from Sucat to Makati? We were stranded for over an hour at our co-worker's village gate because flood was waist-deep.  We finally had the guts to brave the flood (we prayed and prayed and prayed!), but later on found ourselves caught in a standstill right after Manila Memorial.  Flood ulit?  Sugod ulit! Hehehe!

I was awake for 24 hours!!!  Went to bed at 5:30am and woke up before 9am so I can spend time with the little boy before getting ready for a gala I was attending with J.

Hindi naman obvious na wala akong tulog, tiba? :)


My entire Sunday was spent bonding with Joaquin.  We did his homework, watched TV, read a book, played with the iPad, slept (i slept, he played. haha!).  He also did this:

"Joaquin is strong, Mama!"

Those are real dumbbells, weighing 1.5kg each. Hahaha!  He got tired after lifting it twice.

I have a bit of news pala--I am going to be interviewed for a magazine article.  It's not going to be just me, there will be a few other people as well.  Details soon! :)

Have a good week, you guys!  It's almost 2pm na pala and I still haven't had lunch.  I'm waiting for my boss to arrive with my quarter pounder meal (we made a bet last week and I won, mwahahaha!).


Now I'm hungry and sleepy. BAD.

2 comments:

admin said...

grabe, i no longer have the energy to do what you did. i can't even stay up for 16 hours.

what's the article about? :)

notsquare said...

WOW!

Ive had to be awake for more than 24hrs na rin a few times (3 at most as I recall) and its really bad for the mind and body!

always rememebr to double your dose of VitC pag ganito ang sched mo :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...