Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mama sometimes makes me cry, sometimes she makes me laugh. But there are times when I just want to pull my hair and do both.

She called me this morning to keep tabs on my wedding planning. We were going thru the menu of Nurture Spa when she said...

Mama: Are you sure you want to get married na? You really love V? Kasi if you're not sure, don't get married na lang.
Me: (screaming inside)

After a year ofmaking me kulit to tie the knot, after she just bought her plane ticket going back home, after she just bought my wedding gown (yes, decided to just buy my gown in the US--its cheaper), after I've booked the church, in the middle of finalizing everything, she drops this. I want to laugh and cry at the same time.

But I'm happy because now I know she doesn't want me to get married just because. At least now I know that she wants me to get married because I want to. Because I'm sure of it.

Mothers! :)

2 comments:

admin said...

isn't it great that she called just to say that though? no matter what, i'm sure she just wants you to be happy.

you deserve to be :)

Anonymous said...

i can totally relate to your mom and this exact incident. my brother is getting married in aug, and i did bug him about getting married, and now that he is also in the planning stages, i called him last friday just to ask, "are you sure you want to do this, because it's not too late, you know...you don't have to do this...you don't have to get married...you can just be together and not be tied to some kind of legality that is so hard to undo later - you can just walk out and say it's been fun while it lasted" i love my brother to death, i just say the akward and really annoying things a lot of times. your mom loves you dearly. =)


mye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...