Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I'M HUNG IN THE GREY OF A CLOUD

If there are two things that I know I will love doing for the rest of my life, it is listening to songs and writing.  My trusty iPod has been my bestfriend for the past week, providing me with the comfort I so need right now.

Most days, I just put it on shuffle mode and it surprisingly plays songs that I need to hear.  I swear, sometimes I think my iPod has a life of it's own because of its ability to sense my emotions.

Today, it played this song by Cynthia Alexander. To me, this poem in rhythm talks about sensing loss.  Maybe it's a song about slowly giving up or surrendering, because

"I'm playing with shadows cold, it's getting too dark to play."

Out of over 5,000 songs, my iPod chose this.  And I've had it on repeat since this morning.



How do we stand in the bravelight?
Those burning one hundred eight eyes staring
Blow out the candle, tiptoe silence
And bury me deep in the

Cracks in the red of your room
I’m playing with shadows cold
It’s getting too dark to play

How do we stand in the bravelight?
Those burning one hundred eight eyes staring
You quickly colour me out
And forget this

I’m hung in the grey of a cloud
You pretend that I don’t exist, remember me?
Unfortunately, it is getting too dark to play

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...